Saturday, December 27, 2014

Love Is About Letting Go

When you love someone, you tend to have him/her by your side to spend time together and keep caring each other. Having a joyful moment with people you love becomes an important thing. You do not want to lose them at all.

There is a saying, "Love is about letting go." I did not believe it. How can you love someone when you do not have them around you? It seems like that nature tries to teach me about that. I passed through hard times to understand and to feel the meaning of that saying.

When I was not letting go, I watched Mom cried in pain. She suffered a lot and that made me sad. I wanted it to stop so Mom would not suffer at all. Begging God for miracles was no longer possible. Then I changed my prayer. I told God to end her suffer. But that means I had to let her go because there was nothing left to do to heal her. It took time. Quite a long time till I told God that I let her go. No longer than that, she passed away. Hearing that gave me pain. I cried for losing her. But I was also relieved cause God heared me, she left the pain and she would not suffer anymore. It has finished. She is happy now. I finally let her go because I love her, I want her to be happy up there.

Another kind of letting go is when I saw my Dad feels happy and complete. He has worked too hard and he needs someone to take care of him. It was sad to see him live in a loneliness. He found someone but it was hard for me to see that she would replace Mom. Later I realized that Dad seemed to be so happy being with her. I was also happy seeing that. There would be someone to take care of him, to cook, and to give him love there. It was so nice to see him happy like that because I love him. So I let him go with her.

Now, what have you learned about letting go? Have you ever let go someone you love? It sure will cost pain but the pain will go as you see the one you love feels happy.

If you truly love someone, you will do anything just to see them happy, even letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment